Wednesday, September 1, 2010

3x3



For the 3x3 assignment, we had to take pictures of people and objects from different angles and from different distances. At first I was really confused by the assignment and wasn't sure where to start. However, as soon as I went outside and started looking at Stephanie in the doorway and at this door, I became really inspired and could identify the different angles and distances immediately. Naturally, we observe people and things from different angles and distances. After I realized this, the assignment became a lot easier and more fun! 






4 comments:

  1. I really like the distant photos you took of Stephanie because of the shadows you captured. I also like that you cropped them differently, giving the first one a taller effect. Your take on the door is also interesting, i like the slanted and lower angles you played with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first picture having the subject so far back and having the shadows of the hallway type thing gives it a creepy feel. Each picture shows a different expression which is also a nice touch. This 3x3 could have benefited by adding more variety in the pictures like showing more examples of different things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the pictures of the doors. You could see different reflections on all of them, which was interesting. I liked how the door was slanted because you had to look more closely at it. The 3x3 could have benefited by adding more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the pictures of the doors. I like how in the first door picture you changed not only the angle of the shot but also the angle of the camera. It makes it look the like the house it tilted. I also like the picture of the door where the camera angle is looking up, so the door looks larger. The middle picture is good because it is more regular and gives perspective to the other two.

    ReplyDelete