Thursday, September 9, 2010

Motion

In this assignment we had to play around with the notion of motion. The first type of motion that we played around with was taking pictures of still objects while shaking our cameras. For this I had my camera on a fast shutter speed causing the image to blur. The next type of motion we experimented with was panning. This one was a little more difficult. I had my camera on a very slow shutter speed, about 2-3. If it were on anything higher, the picture would turn out white. As I took the picture, I followed my subject as it moved. Lastly, we played with the idea of light. Someone stood in front of us in a dark room playing with first a white light and then later added a colorful light. The coolest was when you captured a glimpse of the person behind the light, because it makes it look like the lights are coming at you. The mood for the first pictures we took and the panning pictures are sort of eery, and the light pictures range from being ghost like to being fun and crazy! 













4 comments:

  1. I really love the third picture of Mr. Whiton. It is very creepy and interesting. I loved the way you tweaked the colors and made the picture even more great, with an eerie feel. I also like the picture before that one because it looks like his soul is coming out of him. The hearts made with the moving lights are very bright and beautiful. Gooood job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the last 2 of Mr. Whiton with the white light. The one where he has one arm out is interesting because the background is abstract making his body stand out. The close up of him is cool too almost looking like an x-ray. I love the abstraction in 5th one from the bottom, the colors spread out into a thicker line with a subtle line from the white light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of Mr. Whiton, you can tell the techniques of the lights how the person outlined the shape showing a silhouette. I also like how that picture is from a further distance and captures the setting. The blue one of him reminds me of Harry Potter, like he is pointing his wand. I really like the geometric shapes in the 10th photo, it makes the light look broken up. There could have been some improvements with panning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the fourth one down is really cool, it looks like a rock concert or something. The evil looking picture below that one is also really cool. However the best one is probably the heart made of the lights, it was really cool how we could make shapes by waving the light around.

    ReplyDelete