Monday, September 27, 2010

Depth

For this assignment, we were experimenting with Depth. We had to take photos of Foreground/Background "objects", Repetition, and Leading Lines. All of these categories deal with depth. The Foreground/Background photos were the hardest to obtain, we had to take pictures of objects up close while making sure that the background was clear in the photo. Repetition was easy to find. Almost everything we see has some sort of repetition. Lastly, we had to take photos of Leading Lines. Leading Lines was really fun to shoot because we are taking pictures of lines that are leading to something, and creating a really cool picture of depth.














4 comments:

  1. Good job Carly. I really liked the pics you took of the background/foreground arrangements because you can clearly see the kiss and the street behind it. I also really like the repetition photo of the bottles because it is unlike other repetition photos others have found. My favorite picture is the leading lines photo with the victorians and the wires in the sky. It looks really dark and rich and the clouds look beautiful. It looks like you did a great job capturing depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the picture of the Hersheys Kiss and the purple foil. I liked all the pictures around Drew because some of them (like the picture of the table) you couldn't tell where it was. I liked how you played around with the colors. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures with leading lines are my favorite, I like how you created them with telephone pole wires. The sky makes for an interesting background. Your foreground/background pictures are some of the best I've seen thus far. You seemed to master the angles of the camera, getting the pictures from the side to add depth. I like the variety of your album, there is an interesting, different subject in every picture. The shadows on the last picture also makes the picture stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are all very strong. I love the telephone wires with the clouds behind it. You did a good job editing too. You have good examples for each type of depth and each picture just stands out on its own to me. You really explored all aspects with texture, color, angles, and shadows, good job!

    ReplyDelete